background

Followers

crafts u print

Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Saturday 23 August 2008

My Handbag TemplateTutorial

I was asked to make a bag card for a friend to give to her sister, she wanted one that opened like a basic card, I came up with this the shape if very similar to a bag she uses for college I cut out my base card shape from the template that I put on my blog for you to use, for this card I chosen a dark card to match in with my backing papers.
When cutting our the handle centre please keep safe you will need this later.

here is a view of the base card opened out
I then covered the front with backing paper, I found the easiest way to do this was to fold the A4 backing paper in half cover both the front and back edges with double sided tape, put the card into the centre of folded backing paper, then when open trim around the edges to get a nice even shape, then trim the centre handle out from inside the card.

I then went around all the edges with peel offs
This is where you need the centre piece that you saved earlier, go around the edges with peel offs, I then took some double sided tape and put a strip to the back straight edge, for the front rounded edge I used some 3D pads, when this is then added to the front of the bag it keep the back edge flat and raised the front rounded edge slightly, this then look as if the flap has been bent over the bag

To finish the bag as you can see in in the first photo I added some flowers to the corner, and a gold tassel with an extra large brad, to act as a large clasp to the front flap,

The template for this card is on the posting below

1 comment:

  1. Love the handbag card Wendy, my little Sophie loves hers bags and mine too, so will have a go at this one for her. Thanks for the tutorial x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments,I read all comments before posting,
Please visit again